The Perfect Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A classic pineapple upside-down cake is a must-make for any occasion, and it’s no secret that this dish has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Its creamy and fruity taste and the way it’s presented make it an absolute must-try.
A box of Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix can help you prepare this amazing dessert in just 15 minutes. With step-by-step instructions, Betty will guide you through the process of making this pineapple cake.
You Will Need The Following Ingredients
- 1/4cup butter
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Prepare 13×9-inch pan by heating it up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Using a large metal spoon, arrange pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar. Place cherries in the center of the pineapple slices, and press gently into the brown sugar.
- To make the batter, add 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice to the box. This will replace the water with the pineapple juice mixture. When the mixture is poured over the pineapple and cherries, it will look like a thick and creamy batter.
- The cake should be ready in about 42 to 48 minutes. While it’s baking, carefully run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen it. When it’s cool enough, remove the pan and serve warm. To make the brown sugar topping, place it over the top of the cake and leave it in the pan for 5 minutes.
- If you want to serve the pineapple upside-down cake with a frozen container of sweetened whipped cream, then use that. In a chilled medium bowl, beat together the cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- If you’re planning on serving the pineapple upside-down cake, then you should be very confident about doing it. After carefully placing the pan over the top of the dish, hold firmly and flip it in one quick motion.
- Always check the ingredients list to make sure that the recipes contain no animal products. Also, be aware that the ingredients can change.
380 Calories, 16g Total Fat, 3g Protein, 57g Total Carbohydrate, 41g Sugars,Protein 3g .