Easy Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is a one pot dinner recipe that is ready in 30 minutes or less! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- Salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 large handfuls of roughly chopped cabbage
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water (I just use the tomato sauce can twice)
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
How To Make It :
- Season and brown ground beef and onions. Drain off grease.
- Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water (or use tomato sauce cans) and diced tomatoes. Stir.
- Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft.
- Do not lift lid before 20 minutes to make sure rice cooks well.
- Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.
You can use a can of Rotel instead of diced tomatoes if you prefer spicy food.
Cut into 8 Slices, each huge slice is only 4 Points+ = 4 SP