- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- wrap the springform pan with one large piece of aluminum foil, covering the underside of the pan and all the way to the top.
- Repeat with another sheet of foil for insurance.
- Spray the inside of the pan with nonstick cooking spray. This will prevent water from seeping into the pan when you put it into the bain-marie.
- using an electric mixer, In a large mixing bowl beat the sour cream with eggs until well blended.
- combine the cream cheese and butter In a medium sized bowl.
- Add this to the egg-sour cream mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch; beat on low speed until just combined.
- Then, Set your unbaked cheesecake in a large roasting pan.
- Add boiling water into the roasting pan until it’s about one inch up the side of the cake pan. The water bath keeps the cheesecake baking at an even, low heat.
- Bake until the cake is just set, 1 hour and 30 minutes-45 minutes. the cake should not look liquidy but will wobble just a bit when the pan is nudged. Cool the cheesecake in the water bath until the water is just warm, about 40 minutes. Remove the springform pan from the water bath, discard the foil.
- You can serve the cheesecake right from the base of the springform pan, after removing the sides.
Tips and tricks:
little starch of flour prevents the cheesecake from cracking as it cools.
to transfer the cheesecake to a serving dish use thin spatula between the crust and the pan bottom, and then use two large spatulas.
Feel creative when it comes to topping your cheesecake, me i like mine with berry sauce.