Grandma’s Chicken & biscuit pot pie
°6 ounces carrots°
°¼ ounce thyme
°2 tablespoons° cream cheese (contains milk)
°1 clove garlic
°2 units of concentrated chicken stock
°1 unit yellow onion
°2 tsp flour
°2.5 ounces celery
°10 oz chicken breast strips
°6 oz Southern Homestyle Pillsbury™ Buttermilk Biscuits (Contains Wheat)
°2 teaspoons vegetable oil
°3 tablespoons butter (contains milk)
- Set the rack to the upper position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all products.
- Trim the carrots, peel them and cut them into small pieces. Cut the celery into small cubes. Cut the onion in half, peel it and cut it into cubes.
- Peel and fluff garlic. Remove half of the thyme leaves from the stems; thin leaves.
Cut a whole onion into cubes. Thin out all thyme leaves.
- Dry the chicken with paper towels.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in medium, preferably in the oven, over medium heat.
- Add chicken in one layer; Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until completely browned, 3-5 minutes (cooking will be finished in step 5). • Move to a panel.
- Use a large skillet, preferably an ovenproof one.cooking vegetables
- Reserve ½ teaspoon minced thyme (you’ll use it in step 5).
- Heat oil spray in a skillet used for chicken over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and chopped onions; Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stir, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 min.
- Add the remaining chopped garlic and thyme. Cooking to fragrant for 30 sec.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon minced thyme.
- Tip: Reduce the heat if the vegetables start to turn brown too quickly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet with the vegetables. Once dissolved, stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute.For 1¼ cups water, stock concentrates, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook until firm, 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add cream cheese until melted, then add chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use 4 tablespoons of butter and 1¾ cups of water.
- Tip: If the filling is too thick, stir in another sprinkle of water. If your pan is not ovenproof, transfer the filling to an 8″ x 8″ baking dish (a 13″ x 9″ baking dish for 4 servings) after flipping in the chicken.Add cookies and bake
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; Microwave until melted, 30 seconds.
- remove cookies from the package; Peel each cookie in the middle to create two thinner ones.
- Fill the biscuits evenly, then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the reserved chopped thyme.
- Bake on the top rack until crackers are golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.