Prep Time : 15 minutes
Servings : 8
Calories : 171kcal
How To Make Potato Salad?
- 2 pounds yellow, red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of apple juice, wine or rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, try this homemade mayonnaise recipe
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, Dijon substitute or whole grain mustard
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium pickled dill, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 boil eggs, peel & optional chop
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (parsley, dill, garlic, tarragon or coriander)Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with 1 1/2 inches of water.
- Adding 1 tsp salt per liter water.Bring water to boil, then minimize heat.Cooking about 15-20 min At the time, preparation an ice bath.
Put cold water in a medium-sized container filled with ice cubes.
- Drain & frying potatoes; putting them in ice bath.After cooling, gently squeeze and pull the potatoes to peel.Cutting peeled potatoes to small pieces also placing them in large bowl.
- Drizizle vinegar on potatoes and adding a pinch salt.When potatoes are boil, putting onions in small bowl also covering with cold water.Waiit 10 min, then wash off.(This will reduce the moisture in the onion.) Prepare potato salad.
- Put sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl.
- Add the sour cream mixture, blanched onions, celery, pickles, eggs, and herbs to the potatoes. Gently stir until combined. Season with salt & pepper.
- Enjoy !
If you prefer, substitute the Miracle Whip with mayonnaise. Or, use half mayonnaise and half Greek yogurt or sour cream for more tang.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 5mg