Prep:30 mins Cook:15 mins Total:45 mins Servings:4 Yield:4 Servings
- 2 haddock fillet (or fish of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cochineal pepper powder+ To prepare the dough:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal (load in cornmeal for extra crunchy mixture)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt for seasoning
- 250 ml of bloodless soda or bloodless beer – approx
- frying oil
- We prepare the fish by marinating it in the spices, cook the lid and the mixture and set aside.
- Time In a mixing bowl we load the ingredients for the dry mixture. Add salt and whisk together.
- Make a hollow inside the center by introducing the liquid, use a hand mixer or stir with a fork to form a thick mixture, wait five minutes for the oil to heat up and fry, and when the oil is hot enough, you can start frying.
- The oil should be specially heated to 190°C, and soak the marinated fish in the mixture for three to four minutes, until soft and cool, or until crispy and golden brown, place on a paper tray, repeat with the last part of the fish.
- If you’re frying a lot of fish, I recommend heating the oil between each portion of fish, enjoying French fries, potato wedges, or salads, and if you’re like me, dip them in hot sauce.