Chicken Pie is a fun and easy recipe for your kids and family any night of the week.With amazing blend of crackers, chicken, vegetables & cheese, this is sure to be a family favourite.
This recipe is perfect for work, if you don’t want to make a super pie you can make an individual pie. Depending on the size you serve, you can make 2 or 3 great servings, make 2 or 3 meals in one recipe and freeze them.
° 1 cup diced potatoes
° 1 cup diced onion
° 1 cup Celery, diced
° 1 cup carrots cut into cubes
° 1⁄3 cup melted ghee
° 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
° 2 cups chicken broth
° 1 cup and a half
° 1 teaspoon salt
° 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
° 4 c cooked / chop chicken
° 2 pie crusts
- Heaat oven 400 degres f .
- Frying onions, celery, carrots & potatoes in ghee about 11 min .
- Add flour to the sauteed mixture, stirring well, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Mix broth and half and half.
- Gradually stirring in vegetable blending .
- Cooking on medium heat, stir constantly, to thicken & bubbling. Blend with salt / pepper; Adding chicken & stirring well.
- Pour to a shallow 2-quart casserole plate & top with pie crusts.
- Cutting slits to permit steam to escape.
- Baking for 41-51 min or until pastry is brown & filling is cooked through.