Gourmet Mushroom Risotto:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Calories: 432 kcal per serving
The risotto cooked the Italian way, slow and painful. But totally worth it. With grilled meats and chicken on the side, it takes you straight away northern Italy, with its unique taste. I love to cook Risotto because it’s creamy, dreamy, and delicious! With just a sprinkle of fresh parsley or pecorino to finish it off. This mushroom risotto is the perfect main or accompaniment for many occasions! Just don’t forget the key, stir, stir and stir.
Enough talking! Start making.
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium to low heat warm your broth.
- Next over medium high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Then stir in the mushrooms and let them cook until soft or about 4 minutes. Remove mushrooms from heat with their liquids and set aside.
- Over a skillet Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and stir in the shallots and let them Cook for 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 3 minutes.
- When you notice the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add half cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth half cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is totaly absorbed for about 15 to 20 minutes or the rice is al dente.
- stir in mushrooms with their liquid, after removing it from heat, butter, chives, and parmesan.
- Season it with some salt and pepper.
Tips and tricks:
- Use any kind of mushrooms.
- keep an eye on the rice consistently.
- Use Cold Stock because Adding chilly stock to a hot pan will cool everything down and mess up the cooking.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 432 calories; protein 11.4g; carbohydrates 56.6g; fat 16.6g; cholesterol 29.6mg; sodium 1130.8mg.