YIELD : 4 servings
TIME: 2 hours 30 minutes
This classic stew beef is the perfect meal for a chilly weekend. Beef, onion, carrots, potatoes come together in soft harmony.
You will Need :
- 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- 2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat.
- 2 tbsps of all purpose flour.
- 4 cups of water.
- 2 cups of beef broth.½ tsp of salt.
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper.
- 4 cups of cubed potatoes.
- 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels.
- 1 cup of fresh green beans
- 1 cup of chopped turnip (optional).
- 2 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes (optional).
Step 1 :
In a large pot, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil and stir in the beef and flour .Cook, turning the pieces until beef is browned
Step 2 :
Pour in the water and soup and season with salt and pepper.Then Bring it to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Step 3 :
Add the potatoes, carrots and rosemary and simmer for 1 to 2 more hours.
Step 4 :
Add the corn, green beans and simmer for 30 minutes.
Tips And Tricks :
- Use the paper bag method for dusting meat.Put flour and seasonings and meat, chicken, etc in paper bag, fold closed and shake.
- Add Tablespoon of herbs de Provence and 2 Tablespoons tomato paste will give it some flavor.