Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 8-9 hours
Calories: 528 kcal per serving
Now, what could get better than this recipe. So easy and just a perfect meal in one pot. The slow cooker also plays a big role turning this pork as tender as it can be. The meat will turn out soft and smooth along with it’s sauce that has penetrated into the pork.
It’s called a Texas style pulled pork recipe, because of the way brisket and spare ribs are cooked in the lone star state. That’s the Texas style pulled pork cooked this way so you can taste the actual meat. takes on an astonishing flavor and I love it. Enough talking, follow these steps with me and thank me later.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- Into the bottom of your slow cooker, add some vegetable oil. Then add your pork roast into it. Next add in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth.
- Pour in the brown sugar, onion, yellow mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and thyme.
- Cover them and on High heat cook for approximately 5 to 6 hours or until the roast shreds easily with a fork.
- After removing the roast from the slow cooker, using two forks shred the meat. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.enjoy
Tips and tricks:
- If you are patient enough, cook your pork on low heat for 10 to 12 hours.
- Cook it over lower heat slowly, to get the pork as nice and tender as it can be.
Per Serving: 528 calories; protein 31.9g; carbohydrates 45.5g; fat 23.2g; cholesterol 98.4mg; sodium 802.7mg.