Prep time: 20 mins
Resting time: 45 mins
Calories: 285 kcal
This classic recipe is made with tri-color rotini pasta, cheese and vegetables. It’s perfect for crowd feeding and picnics.
Not just easy to make, but also the ingredients are simple and affordable if you are on a budget and have a crowd waiting to get their bellies full.
Every outdoor cooking needs the perfect pasta salad, it’s a summer hit. Who wants to spend the whole time out preparing and cooking, while you can spend it with your family and friends with this quick and easy recipe.
Fresh and colorful if you have three minutes
You will need:
- 12oz boxes of tri-color Rotini Pasta uncooked.
- 1 ½ blocks of sharp cheddar cheese cut into small pieces.
- Two small broccoli crowns.
- 1 large container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ seedless cucumbers
- ½ large red onion diced
- 2 bottles of Zesty Italian dressing.
- Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste.
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package instructions until all is dente. adding two tablespoons of salt to the water.
- Rinse your pasta in cold water, drain and let cool.
- Add all your ingredients to your pasta and mix well.
- Add spices to taste. Salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Finally, when your ingredients are well mixed. Top it with zesty Italian dressing and mix well. Enjoy.
Tips and tricks:
- The more it sits the more it’s better, because the pasta will continue to soak up the dressing as it sits.
- Serve it with hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken… The list is long. It’s the perfect side dish for any event.
- You can keep it in your fridge for up to 5 days.