Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Calories: 241 kcal per serving
Today we’ll be learning how to make simple yet delicious french toast! There’s nothing fancy here because simple is better with this.
French toast is always a winner when it comes to lazy weekends, it’s easy and quick. It’s also very easy to customize and there’s a very big variety of toppings, so it’s always fun not boring to make. French toast is great for breakfast and also a great brunch. Feel free to use any kind of bread for this recipe, French, Italian, white or brown.
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt to taste
- Mix together your milk, salt, egg, spices of your choice if you desire and vanilla.
- On medium high heat, heat some oil over a griddle or skillet.
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture, soak both sides. Place them in a pan, and cook on both sides until they turn golden. Serve while hot.
Tips and tricks:
French toast comes out best if you use thick slices of loaf bread.
The perfect temperature for cooking French toast on a skillet is 350 degrees F.
Use a crunchy topping.
Always let the bread slices sit in the egg batter for a couple hours.
Per Serving: 241 calories; protein 10g, carbohydrates 33.7g; fat 6.5g; cholesterol 128.4mg; sodium 477.6mg.