Cuisine: France, Belgium
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Calories: 379 kcal per serving
Today, i will be showing you how to make the easiest, fluffiest classic waffles from scratch.
Making homemade has never been easier, this waffle recipe is fail proof and can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. It makes a perfect waffle that is fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside. I mean come on guys, what’s better than crisp, tinder waffles with your morning coffee. I really can’t think of anything better than a stack of waffles with your season fruits and maple syrup. It’s just as easy as making pancakes. It’s just lovely.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all together, not necessarily in order. Your baking powder, flour, salt and sugar in a large to meduim bowl. Set a side. Preheat your waffle iron.
- In an other bowl, beat your eggs. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla, milk. Combine the milk mixture with your flour mixture and beat well until blended.
- Ladle the batter into your waffle iron. Cook them until golden and crispy. Serve and enjoy.
Tips and tricks:
To get a more tender texture, let the batter rest for about 10 minutes in your fridge. This allows the gluten to expand and relax.
Use cornstarch, this is my secret ingredient to make the crispiest waffles ever.
For a fluffy waffle, try for a thick batter and a little more time on the waffle iron.
Per Serving: 379 calories; protein 10g, carbohydrates 47g; fat 16.2g; cholesterol 112.8mg; sodium 899mg.