Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Calories: 300 kcal per serving
Spinach could be the worst nightmare for any kid, however with this dish don’t be surprised when they ask for another plate. Seafood pasta is my obsession, it’s cheesey, it’s creamy and savory. Even the peaky eaters will love.
The good thing about this recipe, not just make dinner time easy, it’s also a great option for your weeknight roundup.
On top of that it’s super fast and healthy making it the perfect combo for working mothers.
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- 1lb Shrimp
- 3 C chopped fresh Spinach.
- 1 C Mozzarella or Swiss Cheese
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Salt, Pepper & Garlic Salt
- 8 C Water
- 2 T Butter
- 1 T Oil
- Prepare your penne pasta according to package instructions.
- When you notice your pasta is almost done add your shrimps and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain well and keep just 1 cup of water for the next step. Keep your pasta and shrimp warm and set aside.
- Heat in a pan your oil over Medium-hig heat. Add butter.
- When the butter melts add your warm pasta to pan. Toss to coat then Season.
- Cook for 2 mins, often stirring.
- Next, add spinach, cook for 1 min until wilted.
- You can add half cup of water water if necessary to cook spinach.
- Last add shrimp and cheese.
- Stir until your cheese is well melted. Add more seasonings depending on how you like it.
- Garnish with dried cilantro before serving.
Tips and tricks:
- Feel free to use any kind of pasta you like. If you prefer corkscrews, linguine or spaghetti, it will perfectly work as much as the penne pasta do.
- I like to serve mashed potatoes with it. Egg noodles or crusty bread as well.
- Don’t use frozen spinach.