Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories: 194 kcal per serving
The ubiquitous backpacker main food. Originated from southeast Asia. You can find them in night markets, on hostel and guesthouse menus, in front of bus and train stations – anywhere travellers on a tight budget converge. Crowd pleasing banana pancakes made from scratch. A fun twist on ordinary pancakes. A step by step recipe that will guide you to making the fluffiest banana pancakes. If you are looking for how to make banana pancakes then this easy banana pancake recipe will teach you how to make banana pancakes from scratch. pancakes made at home are truly a joy and so easy! And by the by, you can totally double the recipe for a bigger batch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine your flour, in a separate bowl white sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture, the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes turn golden brown on both sides; serve hot
A quick tip, If the heat on your skillet or griddle is too high, it’s likely that your pancakes will come out mushy.
So now have fun making them, and enjoy eating them.
Nutrition Facts : Per Serving: 194 calories; protein 5g; carbohydrates 29.2g; fat 6.6g; cholesterol 34.4mg; sodium 245.9mg.