- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl Mix together, flour, salt, and baking powder. Then Add the cold milk into the dry ingredients and mix.
- As dough begins to form take each tablespoon of hardened butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Next Fold your dough, and knead, repeat it until all butter is spread evenly throughout the dough. fold in the blueberries carefully.
- Move dough to a floured cutting board and roll flat to about ½ thick and cut approximately 6 Blueberry Biscuits with a cookie cutter.
- If you notice the butter melting during this process it may be necessary to return the dough to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the microwave Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter and paint your finished biscuits with a pastry brush.
- Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl, use a fork to drizzle over the blueberry biscuit.
Tips and tricks:
No need to extend the baking time if you have frozen blueberries.
Many people like these biscuits with butter and honey or powdered sugar.
Using cold butter resulting in a fluffier biscuit.
Don’t stir the dough too much or the biscuit will be hard and tough.