- Line cookie sheets with silicone liners. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar, set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once dissolved, insert a candy thermometer to the pan and continue to cook, without stirring, until the thermometer reaches 300 degrees. It should take around 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add extract and food coloring. to get the color you want, eyeball the coloring. Strawberry and lemon matche with red and yellow.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, put a clean towel over the candy and gently tap with a hammer-meat to break into small pieces.
- Sprinkle your hard candy with powdered sugar & toss to coat.
- Repeat the process for each clavor and color you’re making.
● use a candy thermometer for perfect candy.
● Each batch makes a cookie sheet worth of candy, you can break it into whatever size of candy you want.
● cream of tartar prevent the creation of sugar crystals.