- 1 super moist yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 egg
- butter, melted
No Bake Cheese Cake Filling :
- 3 (8oz each) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2/3 cups plus 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Follow the directions on any super moist yellow cake mix you choose (I like Duncan Hines), however, replace the oil in the recipe and use melted butter instead.
- Replace the water in the recipe and use whole milk instead.
- Add one more large egg than the directions call for, and add the tablespoon of pineapple juice.
- Then follow the directions for baking.
- Pour batter into two greased 6 inch cake pans.
- Bake as directed on box or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of cakes.
Once the two cakes have finished baking, allow them to cool completely.
- In the electric mixer on high speed whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form and set aside. Then in another bowl, on medium speed, mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Fold in the whipped cream.
Make cake as directed and cool completely.
- Slice the two cakes in half lengthwise through the middle, using a long serrated knife. Set all four of the cake layers aside.
- Place your bottom layer on a plate. It should be evenly flat on top. Pour and spread some of the cheesecake filling on bottom layer.
- Top with a second cake layer that should be evenly flat as well.
- Pour and spread some of the cheesecake filling on second layer.
- Add a third layer making sure it is also evenly flat on top.
- With a flat spatula spread the remaining filling on top and all around the sides cake.
Next, place a pineapple ring on top of cake and gently press down into filling.
- Make fine crumbs out of the final layer you did not use by using a food processor.
- Apply cake crumbs to the sides of cake.
- Top with a maraschino cherry for an added garnish!